Bergen Facebook Addiction Scale
Dr. Cecilie Andraessen designed this scale and found that if diagnosed as addicted to Facebook, negative effects are the result. For example, personality traits, such as neuroticism and extraversion were found to be linked to Facebook addiction. Also, high scores were linked to going to bed at a later time and waking up at a later time (Paddock, 2012).
Give one the following 5 responses to each one:
1 – Very rarely
2 – Rarely
3 – Sometimes
4 – Often
5 – Very often
- You spend a lot of time thinking about Facebook or planning how to use it.
- You feel an urge to use Facebook more and more.
- You use Facebook in order to forget about personal problems.
- You have tried to cut down on the use of Facebook without success.
- You become restless or troubled if you are prohibited from using Facebook.
- You use Facebook so much that it has had a negative impact on your job/studies.